FunkyFish is back again for the 2nd time in 2016 with their exclusive show, “All Walks Beyond Catwalk” on the 23rd July between 11 am to 8 pm at Hyatt Regency Chennai
This pop-up store will feature top designers & stylists from across the country including Bhumika Sharma, Sonali Gupta, Outhouse jewelery, Valliyan by Nitya Arora and Lola by Suman B
Making contemporary fashion accessible every season for the fashionistas of Chennai, FunkyFish created a first-of-its-kind medium for aspiring designers, stylists and runway favourites, to share a common platform. Showcasing a curated collection of contemporary styles, experimental and avant-garde couture, FunkyFish has emerged as a stalwart in South India’s burgeoning fashion scene.
An amalgamation of everything fashion, each edition of the pop-up is conceived around the flavours of the season, with an exhilarating concoction of fashion, food, music and pop-art, presented on the backdrop of a delightfully surreal ambience. Apart from emerging as a go-to platform for upcoming talent in the industry, the event also cumulates the best minds in fashion. FunkyFish perhaps is a mecca for high-end contemporary fashion where fashion bloggers, stylists and designers share the stage, to offer the best advice and assist the shoppers in picking a style to customising an ensemble.
After an immensely successful stint with 4 shows last year, FunkyFish is all set to reinvent themselves with an exciting new offering. A retail experience to match no other, in the country.
You could mention 10 reasons to not miss this event:
1. Jumpstart your lazy Weekend and stop by at the FunkyFish’s All Walks Beyond The Catwalk; bringing you for the first time, a platform where emerging & established designers, bloggers, stylists, and all things fashion come together for the ultimate style experience there ever can be!
2. It’s the coolest shopping festival – An amalgamation of art, fashion and a whole lot of funk, this edition of the FunkyFish pop up embraces the idea of an Indian bazaar and recreates the exotic and captivating atmosphere filled with contemporary fashion, art, food, music and more.
3. With over 30 designers at your disposal you have enough to update your entire wardrobe with fresher looks. Offering a plethora of upcoming and popular fashion week favourites, this edition of the weekend bazaar promises, something for everyone! From exclusive pret couture by fashion industry guru’s to budding talent from across the breadth of the country, FunkyFish Fashion Fiesta is here to indulge you with food, cocktails, and of course awe-inspiring fashion.
4. Shop for a curated range of avant-garde clothing, accessories, and contemporary home couture with a touch of soulful music, delicious brews and appetizing hors d’oeuvres, all bundled together at this fashion souk.
5. There’s something for the little ones; because some trendsetters should just start early.
6. If shopping is your cardio, then you’ll definitely need some fuel to re-energize – it’s the place to enjoy plate after plate of delicious nibbles and some detoxifying juices as well.
7. Get your party on with the DJ spinning some sick beats to keep you entertained while you shop.
8. Nothing but a great excuse to take a road trip with your friends. Because, who doesn’t love a good road trip?
9. The Hyatt Regency hotel comes alive, hosting us with their minimalist chic setting, providing a perfect blend of sophistication and style.
10. Designer wear that won’t break the bank – Budget fashionistas rejoice!
It’s the FunkyFish Fashion Fiesta, need we say more? Go Fish!!!
What’s in store!
An amalgamation of art, fashion and a whole lot of funk, this edition of the FunkyFish pop up, All Walks Beyond The Catwalk embraces the idea of an eclectic Indian bazaar and recreates the exotic and captivating atmosphere filled with contemporary fashion, art, food, music and more.
Offering a plethora of upcoming and popular fashion week favourites, this edition of the weekend bazaar promises, something for everyone! From exclusive pret-couture by fashion industry guru’s to budding talent from across the breadth of the country, All Walks Beyond The Catwalk, is here to indulge you with food, cocktails, and of course awe-inspiring fashion.
One can shop for a curated range of avant-garde clothing, accessories, and contemporary home couture with a touch of soulful music, delicious brews and appetising hors d’oeuvres, all bundled together at this fashion souk.
With over 30 designers at your disposal this edition of the weekend bazaar promises, something for everyone! We feature designer wear that surely won’t break the bank!
Inspire and be inspired with a fun-filled weekend bazaar that will truly capture your imagination.
This edition of the pop-up store features some of earlier favorites coupled with a bunch of exciting new designers from different parts of the country. Here’s what you can look forward to:
· Bhumika Sharma
· Sonali Gupta
· Lola by Suman B
· Surendri by Yogesh Choudhury
· Milk Design Studio
· I Am Trouble by KC
· N&S Gaia
· Roshni Chopra
· Vidhi Wadhwani
· Shoulder Lab
· Pippa Bella
· Bobo Calcutta
What got us here!
“Behind Closed Doors”, the previous edition of FunkyFish pop-up was a remarking step ahead in creating concept based, experiential shopping, for the first time in Chennai. We captured the imagination of Chennaiites with an elusive mix of the best Indian & International designers coupled with sumptuous food & cocktails and an uncompromising signature shopping experience, courtesy the creative minds at FunkyFish.
Pushing the envelope, FunkyFish featured India’s 20 gen-next designers like Turquoise & Gold, Farah Sanjana, Surendri by Yogesh Chaudhary, Urvashi Joneja, Nida Mahmood, Kanella by Kanika Jain and many more.
Crowne Plaza came alive on the 27th February 2016, with a fascinating pop-up restaurant, unveiled at “Behind Closed Doors”, for the first time in the city. ‘One Bite Wonders’ an exclusive pop-up restaurant was a riot of delectable food & cocktails, live music and fun activities, all in one action-packed dining experience.
The Wind Beneath Our Wings
One evening, two friends got together to talk about things that really drive their creativity. With a common thread of thoughts and pure passion, FunkyFish was born, as their very own pet project. Today is experimental style of retail indulgence, has turned into a much-awaited affair, every season.
Former model and forever a fashion enthusiast, Pavithra has been involved in merchandising and designing textiles for her time-honoured family-run business. Today, she drives FunkyFish with her innate ability to understand the business of fashion. Her remarkable flair for trends in fashion, media and marketing has shaped the personality of the brand you see today.
Nikita Kapoor Bajaj
From the corridors of Grazia and Stella McCartney to creating her own formidable fashion powerhouse in South India, Nikita’s entrepreneurial background and business acumen truly stands at the foundation of FunkyFish. With a degree in Marketing and Finance and a wealth of experience, she has created a new movement in retail fashion in Chennai city, with FunkyFish.